Opinions on five current sports topics from yours truly…
1. Detroit Lions – The Lions are half-way through the season and have battled back to a 4-4 record. After starting 1-3, the Lions have gone 3-1 to hold on to hope of capturing an NFC Wild Card bid. QB Matthew Stafford has found his touch and as long as Calvin Johnson’s injuries don’t get any worse this offense should continue to click. The game this Sunday at Minnesota is big if the Lions wish to stay contenders.
2. Detroit Pistons – A tough start to the season (0-5) has Pistons fans grumbling, but a solid young nucleus is being formed. The Pistons are still another year away (at least) to seriously challenge for a playoff spot, but with Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe they have two potential stars to build around. They’ll be fortunate to win 25 games this year, but if everything keeps moving like it is, they’ll be back in the playoffs in another couple of years.
3. Thanksgiving – Going to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving and can’t wait to hang out and watch some football. If anyone has any sites I should see while there, please email me below.
4. Fantasy Football – Ugly. I have three teams and all three are underachieving. I’ll be lucky to make the playoffs in all of them. I keep waiting for Cam Newton to turn it on like last year, but I have a feeling that’s not going to happen. A top 5 pick is in my future for next year’s draft in all three leagues!
5. Big Ten Basketball – The Big Ten is being called the best conference in college basketball with 4 serious contenders for the Big Ten Crown as well as a run at the National Championship. Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State are all getting lots of national attention and deservedly so. If I had some extra cash I’d be looking at betting on one of these 4 to cut the nets down in March. If you want to learn more about the March Madness odds you can get a launch bonus at CarbonSports.ag and start placing your bets today!
If you want to let the me know what you think, you can always send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post a comment!